When the leaves begin to change and the weather turns chilly, turn to this awesome tortellini recipe for your fall flavor-fix. The sauce is thickened with cream and scented with fall spices, and because it uses refrigerated store-bought tortellini, it’s quick enough for a weeknight.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup fat-free half & half
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugar
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg ( 20 oz ) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat butter in a large sauté pan and add chopped shallots. Cook until butter turns golden and nutty in aroma, add sage.
- Remove butter from heat and whisk in pumpkin, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Season with pepper.
- Cook tortellini according to package in boiling water. When cooked, drain thoroughly and add to butter sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and gently toss to coat.
Serve with a salad of spring mix, pecans, pears, and balsamic dressing.
- Calories 561kcal 28%
- Fat 28.7g 44%
- Saturated fat 17.0g 85%
- Carbs 58.2g 19%
- Sodium 578mg 24%
- 3.3g sugar
- 3.2g fiber
- 18.8g protein
- 103mg cholesterol