Crispy tortilla chips, beans and cheese—yum! A portable slow cooker makes it easy to transport to a picnic or tailgating party.
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 ( 14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 ( 15 ½ oz.) can pinto beans, drained
- ¾ ( 9 oz.) bag Nature's Promise tortilla chips
- ½ cups grated Mexican cheese blend
- 1 red bell pepper
- In a large ungreased skillet over medium-high heat, fry ground beef until brown, breaking up chunks with a wooden spoon, about 5 min. Add the seasoning mix, corn, diced tomatoes with juice and beans and cook 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- Place half the meat mixture in a slow cooker. Sprinkle over 1/3 of the tortilla chips and half the cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Cook on high setting for 2-3 hours. Preheat broiler. Top casserole with sliced red bell pepper rings. Place oven-proof slow cooker insert on middle rack in oven and broil until top is bubbly and pepper rings are slightly browned. Serve with remaining chips.
Double the recipe to feed a crowd.
- Calories 470kcal 23%
- Fat 18.5g 29%
- Saturated fat 5.5g 28%
- Carbs 52.2g 17%
- Sodium 990mg 41%
- 5.3g sugar
- 8.8g fiber
- 26.7g protein
- 57mg cholesterol