- 1 cucumber
- 1 (0.75 oz) pkg fresh dill
- 1 red onion
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup water
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 (¼ lb each) lean beef burgers
- 8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 head lettuce
- Cut the cucumber into slices. Chop the dill finely and cut the onion into thin rings. Put the cucumber, dill, and half of the onion into a bowl.
- Bring the vinegar, sugar, salt and water to a boil. Pour this mixture over the cucumber. Let it cool.
- Meanwhile heat the frying pan. Cut the buns in half and grill with the cut side down for 2 minutes. Grill the burgers in batches for 4-6 minutes. Flip once, halfway through.*
- After grilling, top each burger with onion, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and 1 slice of cheddar cheese. Keep warm under aluminum foil.
- Top the bottom halves of the rolls with lettuce leaves, a burger patty, cucumber, lettuce, another burger patty, and more cucumber.
- Cover with the top of the roll and insert a skewer into each burger. Serve with the rest of the pickled cucumbers.
*You can also grill the buns and burgers on the grill.