- olive oil spray
- 4 slices bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 (16 oz) bag stuffing mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large apple, cored and diced
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with olive oil spray. In a large skillet, fry the bacon until browned but not too crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- To bacon fat in skillet add onion, celery and apple. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 min.
- Add onion-apple mixture to large bowl with bacon, stuffing mix and parsley. Add the eggs and stock and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing among muffin cups, pressing down with a spoon so that it sticks together. Bake for 20 min., or until golden brown. Remove from muffin tins and serve alongside turkey.
You can also bake this for 40 min. in a buttered 9-inch by 13-inch ovenproof dish.
- Savory Happy Holidays 2015
- Calories 251kcal 13%
- Fat 10.1g 16%
- Saturated fat 2.7g 14%
- Carbs 31.8g 11%
- Sodium 693mg 29%
- 6.3g sugar
- 1.7g fiber
- 8.4g protein
- 52mg cholesterol