This all-in-one dinner is a real crowd pleaser.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice or brown rice
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 (8 oz) package brown mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 (12 oz) jar roasted red peppers
- 1 lb Nature's Promise chicken breast tenders
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- Cook rice according to package directions. Slice the bell pepper into thin strips, quarter the mushrooms and mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir-fry the bell pepper, mushrooms and garlic 4 min.
- Drain the roasted red peppers and cut into strips. Slice the chicken tenders. Increase heat to high and add chicken and peppers to the mushroom mixture. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Stir-fry 6 min.
- In a serving bowl, toss together the chicken and vegetable stir-fry and the rice. Garnish with basil and serve.
Replace the basil with cilantro.
- Calories 457kcal 23%
- Fat 10.3g 16%
- Saturated fat 1.3g 6%
- Carbs 58.0g 19%
- Sodium 350mg 15%
- 4.9g sugar
- 2.3g fiber
- 30.8g protein
- 73mg cholesterol