Blueberry cream cheese tart with a gluten-free honey-nut crust Don’t stop at blueberries, this cake can be topped with any fruit of the season.
- 2 ½ cups mixed nuts
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whiz the nuts, half the honey, baking powder, cinnamon and half the salt together in a food processor.
- Brush a tart pan or pie dish with the oil and work the nut crust into the bottom. Bake for 15 minutes on center rack, until golden brown.
- Remove the crust from the oven and use the bottom of a spoon to push it back in the pan. Set on a rack to cool for 1 hour.
- Mix the cream cheese, lemon juice, remaining honey yogurt and salt together in a large bowl. Use a hand blender to mix until smooth.
- Spoon the cheese mixture onto the crust and set to chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and arrange the blueberries on top.
- July/August 2016