This beautiful fall side-dish is substantial enough to serve as a vegetarian main course.
- 1 head fennel
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen cauliflower florets (do not thaw)
- 1 (14 oz) pkg cubed butternut squash
- 1 (18 oz) pkg refrigerated prepared polenta
- 1 cup Italian parsley
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the fennel in half through the root end and slice each half thinly. Transfer to a baking sheet and toss with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt (in moderation), and pepper. On a separate baking sheet, toss the cauliflower and the squash with remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, salt (in moderation) and pepper. Roast cauliflower, squash, and fennel for 15 min., turning once.
- While vegetables roast, slice the polenta and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add ½ cup water and microwave until hot, about 4 min. Stir until smooth and creamy (it should have the texture of mashed potatoes).
- Remove fennel from the oven and raise heat to 450°F. Roast cauliflower and squash for another 5–10 min. or until tender and golden. Chop parsley. Transfer the polenta to a serving dish or platter and top with the roast vegetables. Garnish with chopped parsley and crumbled goat cheese.
- Calories 517kcal 26%
- Fat 16.5g 25%
- Saturated fat 5.3g 27%
- Carbs 80.0g 27%
- Sodium 141mg 6%
- 4.3g sugar
- 7.2g fiber
- 12.7g protein
- 15mg cholesterol