This savory tart with sweet potatoes makes an elegant fall dish.
- 1 (8.5 oz) jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (from a 17.5 oz pkg)
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1 pickled jalapeño, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Drain the tomatoes, reserving 2 tbsp oil. Peel the potatoes and cut into ¼-inch slices. Mix with the reserved 2 tablespoons oil, coriander, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Lightly roll out the puff pastry with a rolling pin and place on a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet. Arrange the sweet potato slices in an overlapping pattern over the pastry. Scatter the sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese evenly over the sweet potatoes. Bake for about 20 min., or until puff pastry is cooked and sweet potatoes are tender. Slice the jalapeño into rings, sprinkle over the tart, and serve.
- October November 2016