Be sure to use the creamier variety of canned coconut milk in this recipe, rather than the thinner coconut water that comes in cartons.
- 1 (3.5 oz) milk chocolate
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
Marshmallow Snowman Floaters (Optional)
- 6 marshmallows
- ½ tsp orange decorating gel
- ½ tsp black decorating gel
- To make the snowmen, use kitchen shears to cut 1/3 off the bottom of 6 marshmallows. Use orange decorating gel to pipe carrot noses. Use black decorating gel to pipe dots for coal eyes and smiles. Refrigerate to set before floating in hot chocolate.
- Break the chocolate into pieces. To a small bowl, add 1/4 cut coconut milk and set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine remaining coconut milk, chocolate, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 min. If the drink is too sweet, add hot water to taste. Divide hot chocolate among 4 mugs. Drizzle each with reserved coconut milk. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve immediately.
With kitchen shears, cut 1/3 off the bottom of 6 marshmallows. Use orange decorating gel to pipe "carrot" noses. Use black decorating gel to pipe dots for "coal" eyes and smiles. Refrigerate to set before floating in hot chocolate.
- Fifteen Minutes
- February 2018
- A Homemade Holiday Cookbook
- 15 Minutes