These stained glass cookies are a beautiful addition to any dessert plate.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg ready-to-bake sugar cookie dough
- 1 (7 oz) bag Jolly Rancher candies
- Dust your work surface and rolling pin with flour, and roll the dough into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and set in the freezer to chill for 20 min. Preheat oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, crush the jolly ranchers with a mortar and pestle or place in Ziploc bags between dish towels and crush with a rolling pin.
- Working quickly, roll the dough out to about ¼-inch thickness. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters. Using a sharp knife, cut one even smaller shape out of the center of each cookie. Set cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake cookies about 9 min., rotating the baking sheet halfway through, until cookies are pale and begin to set. Remove cookies from oven. Fill the cut-out center of each cookie with crushed candy. Return to oven and bake for about 5 min., or until cookies begin to brown slightly and candy is melted. Remove cookies from oven, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely before serving.
- S7 2016
- Calories 99kcal 5%
- Fat 3.2g 5%
- Saturated fat 0.9g 4%
- Carbs 16.9g 6%
- Sodium 50mg 2%
- 10.4g sugar
- 0.1g fiber
- 0.6g protein
- 2mg cholesterol