These classic cookies are also known as palmiers, and you won’t believe how easy they are to make at home
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 (17.3 oz) pkg puff pastry sheets
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tbsp water. In another bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp cinnamon sugar onto your work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on top of the sugar. Brush the pastry with the egg, and sprinkle with 1 tbsp cinnamon sugar.
- Fold the top and bottom of the pastry sheet over so the edges meet in the middle. Roll flat with a rolling pin. Fold dough in half lengthwise. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet and cinnamon sugar. Cover with plastic and refrigerate 20-30 min. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- When dough is set and oven is preheated, cut each pastry roll into 18 slices. Place the slices onto 2 parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 12 min., or until cookies are golden brown. Remove from oven, and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- December 2017
- A Homemade Holiday Cookbook