If you've never had a pudding cake, do yourself a favor: whip together this easy 30-minute recipe, and enjoy a restaurant-quality dessert in your own kitchen.
- ⅔ cup sugar + more for dusting
- 2 large eggs, separated
- ⅔ cup low-fat milk
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- Fresh berries
- Cooking spray
- Spray 6 (3 oz) ramekins with cooking spray, dust with sugar and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using an electric mixer, beat together egg yolks, milk, lemon juice, and zest. Whisk until smooth.
- Sift the flour and the sugar and slowly beat into the lemon mixture with the salt. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form, and gently fold into the lemon mixture.
- Carefully transfer batter into greased ramekins and set in a roasting pan. Pour water into the pan until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 20 min. or until cakes are springy and golden brown on top. Serve warm or at room temperature with fresh berries.
- In Season
- January 2017